Equestrian facilities are available to our guests just a short 15 minutes’ drive from the hotel (off-site) at Clonshire Equestrian Centre and we are happy to arrange transportation.
The following lessons and cross country rides are available on a daily basis and need to be booked in advance to avoid disappointment:
- 10.00 am - Arena lesson, which combines flat work and jumping. This would help acquaint you with the Irish Sport horse and the English saddle. Riders must be novice level and above for this lesson.
- 11.00 am - Cross country instructional ride with natural style obstacles to suit various levels. Please note we do not allow visitors out on the cross-country course unless they have had an area lesson with us first. This is in the interest of their safety.
- 12 noon - Beginners arena lesson. Great for the first timers or those who may have tried it once or twice before. Also great if you have never sat in an English saddle.
- 2.00pm - Gentle hack over roads and tracks on a nearby private estate. To join this group visitors need to be able to steer, stop and move on their mounts. (Please note that this is not available on weekends and public holidays).
- Adult €65.00 per person per hour
- Dressage €75.00 per person per hour
- Child €35.00 per person per hour
There is a selection of helmets and boots available for guest use.
All riding is done in English saddles on sports horses and ponies.
Children need to be 8 years and over to ride with us.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices are per person per hour, unless otherwise stated.
- Prices are in euros, and are subject to change.
- 12 hours cancellation notice is required prior to reserve time. A charge of 50% of the full payment shall be added to your bill for cancellation within 12 hours of the activity start time.
- Wherever possible, it is advisable to book appointments and activities prior to arrival.
For further details contact reservations on:
Telephone: +353 61 605200
Fax: +353 61 396124